There has been a mill on the Hotond as early as 1684. ‘Sijne Hoogheyt den Prince of Nassau en Siegen, Baron in Ronse’ was the owner in 1729. Alexis Gosse, bailiff of the municipalities Kwaremont, Zulzeke and Ruuien, was responsible for the rental of the mill. It was a post mill, originally. It was replaced by a stone ground sail mill around 1780, set up as a grain and oil mill.